Eligibility for the Fall 2019 Travel Awards
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program at Texas A&M University.
- Be in good standing with the University and their academic department.
- Have a GPA greater than or equal to 3.00
Eligible Graduate or Professional Student Organizations (49 departments) as of 2/21/2019:
Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
Biochemistry and Biophysics
Computer Science and Engineering
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Ecosystem Science and Management
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Health and Kinesiology
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning
Nutrition and Food Science
Physics and Astronomy
Plant Pathology and Microbiology
Psychological and Brain Sciences
Public Service and Administration
Soil and Crop Sciences
Teaching, Learning, and Culture
Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences – Graduate
Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences – Professional
Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
The department eligibility rules:
- If at least one Senator from that Graduate or Professional Student Organization (GPSO) is present at that Senate meeting, then the entire GPSO is considered present at the Senate meeting.
- Before the first Senate meeting of the year only the GPSOs that were eligible in summer the previous year AND have Senators for the next year are considered eligible.
- Have already assigned Senators are considered eligible.
- If a GPSO is absent for two consecutive Senate meetings, then the GPSO is considered ineligible.
- If a GPSO is ineligible, then at least one Senator must attend two consecutive Senate meetings to be eligible.
- Committee chairs have the right to decide if Senators have an appropriate engagement in the committee to be marked present for committee meetings.
- If no Senator from the GPSO is considered present at the GPSG committee meeting, then the GPSO is automatically considered absent for the entire Senate meeting.