Aggies Commit Fellowship for the 2018-2019 year
The Aggies Commit is a Graduate and Professional Student Educational Experiences Fellowship administered by the Graduate and Professional Student Council and Office of Graduate and Professional Studies and sponsored by the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President aims to support the high-impact learning experiences of graduate and professional students that go beyond required degree program activities. This fellowship is to further graduate and professional education, for example, by providing support and access to resources and programming not available at Texas A&M University, collaborative research with senior scholars at other campuses in the United States as well as internationally, diversity and global learning activities, unpaid internships, professional and/or entrepreneurship development, and interdisciplinary experiences.
- Recipients are not required to present and/or work-on their own scholarly research to be eligible for funding, but it is encouraged.
- This award is not intended to support activities that would normally be funded by or are already part of an externally funded project.
- This award is not designed to support travel to professional or research society meetings.
- Recipients will receive up to $1,500.00 in one-time funding.
- No more than ten (15) recipients will be awarded per year.
- For the 2018 – 2019 academic year, a rolling application will be implemented. Completed applications must be submitted here and they will be reviewed according to this timeline:
*Applications must be submitted 2 days (11:59pm) before the start of the review period to be evaluated (e.g. before 11:59pm 09/6/2018 for the first review period).
Application review period Recipient announcement by (or before) this date 09/8/2018 – 09/23/2018 10/1/2018 10/8/2018 – 10/23/2018 11/1/2018 01/8/2019 – 01/23/2018 02/1/2018 02/8/2019 – 02/23/2018 03/1/2018 04/30/2019 – 05/14/2018 05/21/2018
- Award recipients must conduct the work described in the application during the same academic year awarded (September 1st 2018 – August 31st 2019).
- Award monies will be disbursed by the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies directly to selected students’ accounts.
The applicant and applicant’s department, program, and/or organization to which the applicant is claiming eligibility under must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program at Texas A&M University (excluding School of Law, Texas A&M University at Galveston, and Texas A&M University at Qatar).
- Be in good standing with the University and academic department.
- Have a GPA greater than or equal to 3.00.
- Have completed at least two (2) semesters within their program.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to determine if they and their department, program, and/or organization to which they are claiming eligibility under are eligible before the submission of an application. *Before the first General Assembly meeting, everyone is eligible to apply.
- Applicants will complete an online application (link available below). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be required to provide the following:
A proposal describing the proposed educational enhancement experience which must:
- State the purpose of the experience and how it aligns with identified graduate and professional student high-impact learning outcomes (example descriptions are provided below).
- State how the experience contributes to the student’s development beyond the requirements of the student’s degree program.
- Specify any additional financial support that the applicant is already receiving or anticipates receiving in regards to the proposed experience.
- Include dates of travel, if travel is involved.
- Include an itemized budget and budget justification.
- Be limited to three (3) single-spaced pages using one-inch margins and 12 point Times New Roman font.
One (1) letter of recommendation from the student’s advisor/committee chair. Letter must be received before the intended review period for the application to be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the recommendation letter is submitted by this deadline.
Résumé or Curriculum vitæ.
Detailed Application Instructions: Aggie Commit Policies_2018-2019
Application will be available August 1 2018 here.