The Graduate and Professional Student Council, serving as the graduate and professional student government of Texas A&M University, exists to work in cooperation with the Texas A&M University administration, faculty, and student leaders to advocate for graduate and professional students and to ensure that their needs are understood and considered when campus policies concerning academic excellence, tuition and finance, and research are made.
- To serve as the voice of and represent all graduate and professional students of Texas A&M University.
- To identify, share, and discuss issues pertinent to graduate and professional students in order to maintain academic freedom; improve the quality of instruction; develop and strengthen recruitment and retention programs; encourage training, fair compensation, and benefits; and ensure that quality student services are made available.
- To be recognized as representing a unique population of Texas A&M University.
- To establish and maintain open and effective communication with the University and its constituents.
- To establish and maintain open and effective communications among the graduate and professional student body on issues that affect its members.
- To serve as an outreach venue for graduate and professional students by providing opportunities for social interaction and service to the local community.