Eligibility for the Spring 2018 Travel Awards
Eligible Academic Units for Spring 2018 Travel Awards are as follows (sorted by College):
*If you believe there is an error in the eligibility, please contact Courtney (Vice President of Information) at VpInformation@gpsc.tamu.edu
**There has been a change to the eligibility: Ecosystem Science and Management and Psychology are eligible for the Spring 2018 Travel Awards**
College of Agriculture:
Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
Biochemistry and Biophysics
Ecosystem Science and Management
Nutrition and Food Science
Plant Pathology and Microbiology
Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
Soil and Crop Sciences
Wildlife and Fisheries Science
College of Architecture:
Landscape and Urban Planning
Public Service and Administration
College of Education and Human Development:
Educational Administration and Human Resource Development
Teaching, Learning and Culture
Health and Kinesiology
College of Engineering:
Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
College of Geosciences:
Geology and Geophysics
Health Science Center:
College of Liberal Arts:
Mays Business School
Information and Operations Management
College of Science
College of Veterinary Medicine
The following departments are ineligible for the Spring 2018 Awards:
Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Agribusiness and Managerial Economics
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Molecular and Environmental Plant Sciences
Water Management and Hydrological Sciences
Veterinary Medicine (all departments)
The eligibility rules:
- If at least one person from that department is present at that GA meeting, then the entire department is considered present at the GA meeting.
- Before the first GA meeting of the year, all departments are considered eligible.
- If a department is absent for two consecutive GA meeting, then the department is considered ineligible.
- If a department is ineligible, then they must attend two consecutive GA meeting to be eligible.
- Internal committee chairs have the right to decide if the committee members have an appropriate engagement in the committee to be marked present for that internal committee meeting.
- If no one from the department is considered as present at the GPSC interval committee meeting, then the department is automatically considered absent for the most recent general assembly meeting.